- A persisted full text index that automatically persists the index to a backing file store. This supports transactions so is safe to use inside a TransactionScope along with a database operation.
- Reworked API - this was a rationalisation process to make accessing the index somewhat more logical. See the breaking changes for more information.
- 3 letter words ending in "ed" no longer throw an exception when indexed using the stemming word splitter.
- Words containing special characters, e.g. ö Ö ä Ä ü Ü ß, can now be indexed and searched on (Thanks to AlexWolters for reporting)
There were a few of these in this release unfortunately - sorry about that, but it's for the greater good I think...
- Full text index constructors no longer take a delegate to obtain the text for an item in the index. E.g. new FullTextIndex<Customer>(c => c.Name) is now new FullTextIndex<Customer>(). The delegate should now be provided on one of the Index methods, if required.
- Reindex methods have been removed - the Index methods on updatable indexes will now automatically re-index an item if it already exists.
- Serialization namespace and all related classes have been removed - these have been superceded by the PersistedFullTextIndex implementation - this automatically creates a persisted backing store and keeps it in sync with the in-memory index.
- Probably a couple of minor changes that won't affect the general use of the API.